Replacing Outdated Pipes in Collier & Lee County
If you are constantly dealing with a troubled piping system, repiping might be the best option. Instead of continuing to make frequent repairs to your pipes, consider a whole-home repipe in Naples. Mike’s Plumbing of Southwest Florida has served numerous home and business owners since 1996 and can be trusted to handle your repiping project. Whether your pipes are suffering from corrosive elements in the water, defects in materials, or poor workmanship, our experienced team is ready to provide a quality solution.
Call (239) 208-0274 today to discuss your repiping needs with our knowledgeable technicians.
Signs That Your Home Needs to Be Repiped
Although repiping is an essential task that many homeowners will need to perform at some point, it is usually not at the top of the list of things to get done around the house. However, when the time comes to replace your corroded, broken, or outdated pipes, it is important to do so in a timely manner. Fortunately, most pipes that require replacement give off warning signals.
Common signs that you need repiping services include:
- Discolored water
- Noisy plumbing
- Low or unbalanced water pressure
- Recurring leaks
- Extreme fluctuations in water temperature
- Black or green colored spots on piping
- Broken or cracked pipe fittings that are irreparable
If you notice any of these indications that your pipes may need to be replaced, get in touch with the expert team at Mike’s Plumbing of Southwest Florida. We will accurately diagnose the source of the plumbing issues you are experiencing and advise you on the right course of action.
What Materials Are Best for Repiping?
As you conduct your own research on this topic, you may find many conflicting opinions. It is important to keep in mind your geographical location, as different areas of the country tend to experience different problems.
The three primary materials used for a whole-home repipe include:
- PEX piping – At Mike’s Plumbing of Southwest Florida, we highly recommend Viega PEX piping for your rerepiping project. PEX piping is a multilayer piping system made from high-density polyethylene. It is both durable and flexible, and it can be bent at a 90-degree angle. As a service company dealing with these issues on a daily basis, we can tell you that we seldom run into a failure on a properly installed PEX system.
- CPVC piping – A common material used by other companies is CPVC pipe. CPVC pipe is very inexpensive from a material standpoint. Unfortunately, CPVC pipe has its own set of issues. Over time, this material has proven to become very brittle. It is not uncommon for the hot lines in particular to become extremely fragile. In addition to this, improper installations have often led to failures. We are already replacing CPVC systems in homes built as recently as the mid-’90s.
- Copper piping – Copper systems can be great when a heavy copper such as type L or K is used in your home. For most people, however, the expense of a copper installation alone is the biggest deterrent.
“Comforting to know there are still businesses who truly understand and practice the art of exceptional customer service!”- Melissa G.
“Awesome service from Matt and Richard. Affordable, plus we got the 10% first-time customer discount.”- Mary G.
“Rich did an amazing job and I could not be happier with his professionalism and attention to detail. Great front office team to work with and you should look to them for your next plumbing needs.”- Joseph B.
The good news is that a plumbing repipe is actually much less invasive than you might think. Typically, a plumbing repipe can be completed in a single day. At Mike’s Plumbing of Southwest Florida, we can work with you to find solutions that fit both your budget and needs. We complete many of these projects every year and we have seen it all. We would be happy to provide a free consultation over the phone.
Contact Mike’s Plumbing of Southwest Florida at (239) 208-0274 for reliable whole-home repiping in Naples. We get the job done right!